Challenge Week was a Great Success!
We thank all our teachers and Andrea Lossing, our Trip Coordinator, for running this year’s edition of Challenge Week. Incredible weather, engaged kids, fascinating experts in the field and real challenges (including some late flights home!) all contributed to making one incredible Challenge Week. Please join us in thanking:
- Andrea Lossing, Trip Coordinator
- Robin Johannsen and Mike Krysa: for hiking the Juan de Fuca trail
- Tamsyn Ross and Tim Cooper for leading the exploration of the Squamish region of B.C.
- Brian Eaton, Rob Burkett, Sarah Charley and Liz Muir for leading students Alberta Bound
- Kevin Stewart and Elissa Kline-Beber for following the Group of Seven in Killarney Park
- Jason Shulha and Mary Wood for producing a student play in T.O.
- Juliana Agostino, Marie Aragona, Jess Chau and Anna Bouzina for putting the Phun in Phunsics!
- Emily Cunningham and Allison Lampard for cooking up a storm in Montreal
- Sara Gardner, Andrew Torres, and Stephen Smith for scaling the heights in Quebec
- Sarah Thornton, Effie Balomenos and Angie Tang for exploring the Rock with the 9s
- Megan Gardner Ross, David Paris and Justin Medved for helping our students investigate the impact of Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans
- Fabio Biagiarelli and Diane Drysdale for striking up the band in New Orleans
Exam Week and Closing Week at a Glance
Please note that exams begin the week of June 4th, following a quiet week when students can focus on studying and not attending to other tests and projects. Exams in Grade 9 are held in the morning beginning at 9:00 a.m. and are either 1.5 or 2 hours in length. Exams in Grade 10 and 11 are held in the afternoon (1:00 p.m.) and are 1.5 to 3 hours in length. Your child has been emailed the schedule. They may have to sign up for an oral language exam or English conversation during the exam period, as well.
The closing week begins with two days of exams, followed by a day for teacher marking, an afternoon to return exams on Thursday, and our closing on Friday afternoon from 1:00 pm to 3:00pm, to which you are all invited. As well, all grade 9 parents will be invited to attend the celebration of the grade 9 ICE programme year, called ICE Pics, on Tuesday at 7:00 pm.
Class Parent Recruitment for 2018-19
We are ideally looking for 2 parents per class (4 per grade) to act as a liaison with the school for various roles and events. For example, class parents perform a key role in helping to organize class parties, treats for teachers and parent socials. Class parents will also liaise with the administration on any issues presenting to their grade. While we welcome the involvement of all parents, our goal is to identify 2-4 parents per grade to consistently liaise with the administration.
If you are interested in becoming a class parent, please fill this form and if you have questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The school will be in touch with you in June.
Please make sure to check The York School’s full school calendar regularly for updates, locations and times.
- September 2019
- Aug 22, 2019 Aug 22 / 2019 Aug 22, 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- Aug 22, 2018 Senior School - August 22 / 2018 Aug 22, 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017