Message from Conor Jones, Head of School
Dear York School Community,
Experience teaches. This is the motto of The York School. So I’m hoping that you enjoyed many great experiences with your families and loved ones over the summer. I expect you took some time out to relax, reflect and recharge. This is necessary for a healthy and happy life - and we need to remind ourselves in these hectic days to find time for this during the school year.
Compared to the busy pace of the past few summers of major construction and renovation, this summer has been more measured. Still, we have been busy preparing for the new academic year and hope you’ll like the crisp floors and the fresh coat of paint as you step in from the bustle of Yonge Street.
Some claim Yonge Street is the longest street in the world, and perhaps it is. But what really excites us at The York School is that it is also arguably the most international street in the world. It is an appropriate address for an International Baccalaureate Continuum school.
In this Back to School Flash, we’re providing you with all the relevant information you need to set you off on the right foot for the school year. For me, I simply have three messages for you as parents on these first few days back to school.
- Enjoy. It does not matter the grade or stage - don’t miss out on the fun and back to school excitement - of getting caught up with friends and neighbours - because you feel everything has to be exactly right. That’s where we come in - from our teachers greeting you at the school, to our handy resource guide - we can help make the transition back to school smooth and enjoyable.
- Get involved with the York School Parents’ Association - our next “Coffee Connects” refreshments and social is Friday September 7 at the The York Café. We’re bringing in a juice bar to serve up your favourite freshly squeezed beverages, and I look forward to hearing about your summer adventures - and expectations for the new school year.
- Stay engaged! The York School is a passionately committed community. Whether you are into drama, athletics, music, books, or debating (or all of the above), we’re always looking for parents to volunteer and share their skills to help prepare our children and students to becoming great adults.
I am looking forward to a meaningful and rewarding year of learning, but let's get through the first day together!
Welcome back home.
SAVE THE DATE
Please watch your inbox for an email notification regarding online forms for 2018/2019. Please log in to YorkNet and click on the banner notification at the top of the screen. Follow the steps to complete and submit the following online forms:
Emergency Contact Form
Medical Information Form
Venturing Out Level I Form
Pick Up/Drop Off Information
Lunch Programme Registration
If you have any questions regarding online forms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The summer uniform will be in effect for the month of September. For more information about our uniform policy, please visit the Uniform Guidelines page on our website.
From meatless Monday to Shepherd's pie, and gluten free meal choices for The York Cafe (1320 Yonge), the cafeteria menus at both campuses work on a three week cycle. These are posted onto the YorkNet calendar. The Autumn menu schedule will be posted the week before school starts.
Ever consider volunteering for the school? Check in with The York School Parents’ Association at email@example.com to learn more about upcoming events, opportunities and to meet our amazing community of parent volunteers.
- September 2019
- Aug 22, 2019 August 22 / 2019 Aug 22, 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- Aug 22, 2018 August 22 / 2018 Aug 22, 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017